THE IMPRINTED BRAIN
How Genes Set the Balance of the Mind Between Autism and Psychosis
Christopher Badcock, Ph.D.
Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2009
EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES The reader will be able to:
• Describe a new theory of mental development and disorder that involves not just the inheritance of genes but their expression
• Describe the influence of poisons, poverty, and pathogens
• Explain how diet influences development
• Describe the conflict between fatherís and motherís genes over the size of the baby
• Describe the roles of visual agnosia and optic ataxia in development
Christopher Badcock, Ph.D., is Reader in Sociology at the London School of Economics and Political Science.