THE MINDFUL THERAPIST
A Clinician’s Guide to Mindsight and Neural Integration
Daniel J. Siegel, M.D.
W.W. Norton & Co., 2010
EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES The reader will be able to:
• Describe the importance of presence in psychotherapy
• Describe the way we shape energy and information flow
• Describe the relation of mindsight to empathy and relationships
• Describe the relationship to self-compassion
• Describe the relation of the conceptual framework, brain basics, and practical exercises to the development of resilience, strengthened focus of attention, and creative resourcefulness
Daniel J. Siegel, M.D., is a clinical professor of psychiatry at UCLA, where he is also on the faculty of the Center for Culture, Brain, and Development, and co-director of the Mindful Awareness Research Center.